Jet2s new route to the beautiful Dordogne Valley is the perfect way to see the traditional side of France in stunning surroundings.
The area has so much to see and do but here are a few things to start with:
10 things to do in the Dordogne Valley;
- Canoe down the Dordogne River and take in the breathtaking scenery.
- Enjoy fantastic views from the small village of Rocamadour nestled within Parc Naturel Régional des Causses du Quercy. Set on a Cliffside, you can enjoy amazing panoramic views from the top of the village – don’t forget your camera!
- Navigate the maze of narrow lanes of the old town of Sarlat. This quaint and traditional town has something new to see around every corner.
- Explore the world famous Lascaux Caves near Montignac to see the earliest known cave paintings ever found.
- Get active and try some cycling, hiking or even rock-climbing here with the beautiful Dordogne Valley as a backdrop.
- Visit a vineyard (and take home some supplies!)
- Discover the history the Dordogne with a visit to a castle. There are plenty of them in this region including Château de Montfort, Château de Hautefort and Château de Castelnaud.
- Stock up on delicious French cuisine at the local market and shops of Sarlat, well known for its Fois Gras, or buy some famous pink garlic from Lautrec during their Pink Garlic Fair that takes place in August
- Catch a rugby game – buy tickets to the Club Athletic Brive Correze play.
- Go on location: some scenes from the film Chocolat starring Jonny Depp and Juliette Binoche were filmed in Beynac-et-Cazenac, a beautiful village located on the Dordogne River just one hour away from Brive.