This prestigious city hotel was built in 1868 by S. Koder, a traditional Jewish businessman whose family has since migrated to Israel. The building housed separate commercial and residential wings with a central garden. This building is constructed in Portuguese-style, and has been enhanced to provide comfortable guest accommodation. It has 20 rooms in total spread across 2 floors. It provides a 24-hour reception, a hotel safe, a currency exchange facility, cloakroom, restaurant and conference facilities. Internet access and room and laundry services also feature (all subject to fees).
This prestigious hotel is located 50 m away from the beach walkway on Princess Street, one of the earliest streets to be constructed in Fort Cochin. Its European-style residences still retain an old-world charm. The nearest railway station is Ernakulam Junction, which is about 12 km from the hotel (about a 35-minute journey). The hotel is located 43 km from Cochin International Airport (about a 60-minute journey).
The hotel has 12 heritage and 8 boutique rooms. All are air-conditioned (individually regulated) and come with an en suite bathroom, refrigerator/minibar, satellite/cable TV, direct dial telephone, as well as hot and cold running water.
The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool and Ayurveda massage centre. The massage and spa treatments offered there are subject to fees.
The hotel has one multi-cuisine restaurant, Liora, which overlooks the patio and the swimming pool.
The following are all accepted as methods of payment at the hotel: American Express, MasterCard and VISA.
Direct dial telephone
Satellite cable TV