The hotel is a quiet oasis dating back to the 16th century, set amidst the Rose Garden of Prague Castle. This building once belonged to the Roman Emperor and Bohemian King Rudolf II and served as the residence of the legendary astronomer Tycho de Brahe (1546-1601). It was renovated in 2006 and comprises a total of 20 rooms spread across 4 floors. The foyer features a 24-hour reception, a hotel safe, a lift and a currency exchange desk. Additional facilities in this air-conditioned establishment include a café, a restaurant, bicycle hire, and Internet access/ WLAN. Room and laundry services complete the range of services offered, and there is a garage for those arriving by car.The spacious, sunny rooms include elegant and antique Richelieu furniture and all come with an en suite bathroom with a bathtub/ shower with a Jacuzzi, a hairdryer, a direct dial telephone, satellite/ cable TV, an Internet connection, a minibar, a double or king-size bed, a safe and a seating area. The air conditioning and heating are individually adjustable.