Built of local granite in 1886, the house was named after a steamship by its Purser when he retired from the sea. There is a peaceful lounge and dining room overlook the front flower garden and lawn for guests to enjoy.There are a selection of rooms, all excellent quality, with tea and coffee, video and satellite TV, and all are non-smoking. Most rooms have king size beds, but all have en-suite facilities and are beautifully furnished.
It is situated 64.3 km west of Aberdeen on the A93. The hotel is on the Braemar road 228 metres from the tourist office on the right hand side. A sign is evident under the tree in the garden.