The hotel is housed in a former Franciscan monastery, which dates back to 1478. It was originally built by Bartolome de Oviedo, and was later renovated in the seventeenth century by the Marques de Buscayolo. More recently it saw use as a flour mill and guests can still see some of the machinery from this time on the ground floor, where a small ethnographic museum is also housed. It was renovated again in 2007. The building has two floors and an attic. The 3.000 m˛ of floor space available has been divided into 30 rooms, of which 23 are doubles, 2 are suites and 5 are superior rooms, as well as communal areas such as the café and the restaurant. It has a lobby with 24-hour reception. Lift access also features. Conference facilities are also available, as is WLAN access. Room and laundry services are also available. Guests arriving by car may wish to make use of the parking facilities provided.All of the rooms come fully furnished and are decorated to provide guests with a room both different and authentic. All come equipped with a fully fitted bathroom, and provide air conditioning and heating, plasma TV, minibar, direct dial telephone, safety deposit box and Internet access. Disability friendly rooms are available on the ground floor. Terraces also feature as standard.
Guests are advised to go to the centre of AlcĂˇntara and then take the road towards Portugal. Proceed along this road and take the first right (approximately 1 km outside of town) to find the hotel.