Located in one of the only remaining non-touristy parts of the city, the palace belonged to one of the most important families of the Venetian nobility. The Ruzzini family moved here in 1586 after a big fire destroyed their house in San Giovanni Crisostomo, by the Rialto. The building had been closed for 20 years before it reopened in 2008 as a new hotel. With a total of 28 rooms, the air-conditioned hotel welcomes guests in a lobby with a 24-hour reception and check-out service, hotel safe, currency exchange facilities and lift access. The hotel has its own bar and restaurant, and Internet access is provided.Standard double rooms are nicely appointed rooms featuring modern, yet comfortable interior design with a view of the city rooftops on the top floor. They also feature typical Venetian fabrics on the lower floors with a frontal view of Campo Santa Maria Formosa or the canal side. The rooms are en suite with a bathtub and hairdryer, and the bedrooms are furnished with double beds. In-room amenities include a direct dial telephone, TV, Internet access, safe and minibar. Air conditioning and central heating ensure guests' comfort.