Set in a Moorish citadel constructed on a Roman settlement, this historic hotel is housed in an imposing castle which dates back to 1123, and which was the residence of bishops and cardinals until the end of the nineteenth century, offering authentic royal lodgings in a palace which has preserved throne rooms and a 13th C. Romanesque chapel. It features 81 rooms in total, spread over 3 floors. It is air-conditioned and has a lobby with 24-hour reception, hotel safe, cloakroom, lift access, bar, TV room, restaurant, a splendid dining room, conference facilities, Internet and WLAN access, as well as room and laundry services. Parking facilities are available to guests arriving by car.Valet parking is not offered. Check-in time is after 2 pm, check-out is before midday.Guests will find intimate, cosy bedrooms alongside more stately rooms. The spacious and pleasant rooms feature traditional Castilian furniture, double or king-size beds, some four-poster beds, and terraces. En suite bathroom, hairdryer, direct dial telephone, satellite TV, Internet access, minibar, centrally regulated air conditioning and central heating all come as standard. Balconies also feature.
The castle can be reached easily from Madrid and Zaragoza along the N-II. At km. 104 turn off onto the local road (20 km to Sigüenza). Alternatively, at km. 119 turn off for the Valle de Pelegrina (12 km to Sigüenza), or on the 136, take the turn off for Alcolea (18 km to Sigüenza).