Originally built in 1621 for The Guild of Tailors, this residence has had many uses through its four-century history and it was restored in 1998 to offer a modern, comfortable and enjoyable stay with access to one of Edinburgh's most infamous pubs, The Three Sisters. The hotel comprises 42 bedrooms over 4 floors, all with lift access.
This hotel is ideally located in the heart of Edinburgh's Old Town and is the perfect location for exploring all that Edinburgh has to offer. From this prime location in the Cowgate, it is a mere 3-minute walk to the centre of The Royal Mile and many of Edinburgh's most famous landmarks. Regular buses to various destinations means guests will not require a car to travel, however cars can be parked in the secure NCP car park situated on St John's Hill at the Pleasance.
All rooms offer LCD panel TVs, but even here in the rooms the building's heritage is never far away with original features and photographs linking back through the years providing a constant reminder of the hotel's history.
Themed evenings occasionally take place here and there is a nightclub close to the hotel.
In the morning a full Scottish and continental-style breakfast selection is available in the first floor breakfast area, a truly original space with stone vaulted ceilings, cast iron supporting pillars and exposed walls providing an inspiring start to any day in Edinburgh.
American Express, MasterCard, VISA and some debit cards are accepted as methods of payment.
From the airport, take the airport shuttle bus 100 and alight at Waverley Bridge. The hotel is approximately a 5-minute walk up Cockburn Street and over the Royal Mile.
Check-in is at 2 pm and check-out is before 11 am.
Direct dial telephone